Friday, January 15, 2010

News about Color-Consciousness Conceptualism

My paper Color-Consciousness Conceptualism has been accepted for the Second Consciousness Online conference that Richard Brown is (doing a terrific job of) organizing. Commentaries on my paper are lined up from Philippe Chuard of Southern Methodist University and Jacob Berger & David Pereplyotchik of the CUNY Graduate Center. I hope that there's something left of my arguments after those 3 dudes are through with me! [update, 1/18/2010: Make that 4 dudes. Also commenting: Charlie Pelling, Birkbeck College, University of London]

I've got this wild ambition of making a video of a nerd droning on about philosophy and cognitive science that's actually watchable. Below is a test run. I think I still have a long way to go.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting talk. You present well. I look forward to seeing the longer version.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete, thanks for the love! Now with a third commentator there will definitely be some brain hammering going on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch, Tony!

    @Richard: I'm looking forward to the massive pile-on.

    ReplyDelete